Friday, 13 February 2015

A Rare Treat for myself.. American Duchess Boots Arrive!!

I have promised myself to make a late Victorian outfit for me this year. I love historical dress, but never seem to have the time to make anything for me. This is the year when I make the time to do so. I have started off very well for my outfit; materials bought, underthings completed.

And look what the postman just delivered:-

My Victorian Boots from American Duchess



American Duchess has these 'Renoir Boots' listed for the 1850/60s period, but looking through one of my fashion books, the shape and height is also super for the 1890s, which is great as I wanted a cream, ankle pair of boots.

I have had a very quick try on (boy my fingers hurt, I need to work out how to use a button hook!), and they feel very comfortable. The customs to the UK was a killer, so it will be quite a while before I save up for my next pair.

I also bought a pair of silk stockings, which has a beautiful design at the ankles. I am a very happy lady! :)

naomi xx