Monday, 17 April 2017

Antique Regency 1800-1810s Muslin Fichu

A recent acquisition; a lovely early 19th century muslin fichu. Regency fichus are fairly rare, and this one more so as it is designed to tie together in the front.

It is in super condition, apart from a few areas which can be seen in the second mosaic below, bottom two photos. On one of the ties or ends, is a small hole (left hand side photo below), and to the back, there are maybe 4 or 5 small holes which can be seen on the right hand side photo. The whitework is beautifully sewn, with simple trailing flowers and leaves, and the ubiquitous button holed edging.



Measurements:- Centre Back Width – 12 1/2″ (32cm). Curved Side – 35 1/2″ (90cm).




I am very excited for this week. I have my first extant Regency Men's shirt on its way to me. I might just be able to contain myself until it arrives!

Naomi x